Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hi Pie!

Ok, so I probably should have posted this on March 14th, but that's a long time away - several months from now, in fact, that I'm just going to post this here and now.

So by now I'm sure a lot of you knew I went to Julian, CA on Sunday. But we had one specific goal in going to Julian. It was one of two purposes for the entire trip....

The trip was for.... THE PIE.

Julian is an apple growing town. So of course they would be known for their apple pie! This is probably the most well know Pie place in Julian. Julian has several pie places... at least 4. Maybe 5. That doesn't sound like a lot, but considering Julian is literally one intersection, then that would be like 10% of the shops there.



I, being the rebel (rebel or just plain crazy, or crazy stupid) that I am, refused to get apple pie. Instead, I got strawberry rhubarb, and NOT a-la-mode:
Let me tell you... I totally.... regretted not getting apple pie.



Here is the apple pie a-la-mode:
I think this one is apple-peach pie with vanilla ice cream. They also have cinnamon ice cream, dutch apple pie, and the "natural" apple pie which has no sugar added.



I was totally jealous of my friend's apple-peach pie. But that's ok, you live and learn. Also, I've never had rhubarb before, so I was quite curious. I have decided though, that I'm not a fan. It is like mushy cherry pie. I would rather have cherry pie because I like the feeling of the cherries popping in my mouth.

In case you were wondering though, the pie did not live up to the hype. At least my pie didn't. The apple-peach pie was good, but not worth driving an hour away for.

One last quirk before I go - I never get pie a-la-mode because I don't think ice cream goes with pie. It's just a weird combination to me. I don't like warm things with cold ice cream. Speaking of ice cream, I also like my ice cream very plain.

Ok, no more babbling. Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment