Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Kicks

I haven't bought shoes in a long time. Let's back up... I'm not a girly girl. I'm not into shoes or handbags really. I like one or two semi-expensive of each, and then I call it a day. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that I don't regularly buy shoes or handbags.

I made an exception this week. I've been eying Converse All-Stars ever since I saw Jacqueline on the Real Housewives of New Jersey wearing them. (Yes, I watch the show. I enjoy the drama, regardless of how stupid it is.) Anyway, they looked really good on her feet and she was wearing them with dark jeans, which I recently purchased one too many pairs of.

A quick trip to Zappos.com and a credit card, and I received these babies... and just one more thing... Zappos is awesome. They upgraded my 4-5 business day shipping into essentially overnight shipping.

Here they are:
A few things to note about this particular shoe. I didn't go with the regular converse all-stars even though the back of the shoe looks better. As you see in the picture, the top shoe lace holes are red. This is the special red edition of Chuck Taylors, which a portion will be donated to feed people in Africa. Because of the cause, I went this this pair rather than the original black ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment